The lawful procedure of forming a company in Cluj is no different than setting up a Bucharest company, however the Cluj Trade Register practices (activities of the trade register clerks) might contain some specifics. This is especially to be taken into consideration when setting up more “complicated” structures such as subsidiaries, branches or representative offices in Cluj. Eventual issues might arise since at the moment of incorporating the company; the law stipulates that it is necessary to provide authenticated documents attesting the existence the of the foreign parent company (trade register extract, certificate of registration etc.) and in some instances these documents will possess certain characteristics. In these instances please contact us before commencing the formation of your company in Cluj.
Do I have to open a local company if I need to activate in Cluj?
This depends. You can do business anywhere in Romania no matter where the main company seat is located, however if a certain physical activity takes place in Cluj, then you will need to add that location as main company seat or secondary location (this can be done through a Resolution).
What are the steps for the incorporating a company in Cluj?
The same basic steps apply for Cluj as anywhere else in Romania, respectively:
Can I set up a local company without visiting Cluj?
Yes. Even if some local consultants might tell you otherwise, this might be because the lack of experience when working with foreign investors. Nevertheless a company can be set up in Cluj without a personal visit.
Can you offer a virtual office / company seat in Cluj?
Yes we can. If you do not have a local office we can offer a virtual office solution. All Romanian lawyers (those in Cluj included) can offer a registered office for a period of 1 year.
Why should open a company in Cluj?
Cluj is considered the second richest city in Romania after Bucharest. Here are some reasons why one should consider investing in the area:
- Cluj has 320,000 inhabitants, plus more than 120,000 students (the 2nd university center after Bucharest). The students provide an interesting incentive for qualified but cheap labor market;
- Cluj-Napoca has direct access highways (E60, E81 ...) and railway situation which provides connections for both passengers and freight, not only the capital and the main center of the country, but also with other countries.
- Cluj-Napoca International Airport is the European route E576, 10 km east of city center and 12 km from the railway station. Airport provides connections to major cities in Europe, providing services for passengers and cargo type;
- Cluj is recently known to become Romania’s Silicone Valley because of its qualified IT specialists. More and more famous IT companies are outsourcing to Cluj;
- Increasing number of investments (technology parks such as the Liberty Technology Park or Tetarom Industrial Parks). These parks offer exemptions from local taxes on buildings and land within the site.