by Vlad Cuc
Per the current legal provisions of the Romanian Law, the competent authorities can issue different types of authorizations in accordance to the activity of the Romanian business. For Commerce activity in Romania however, the one required is called the “Environmental Authorization” and refers to the Administrative Act emitted by the Competent authority for the protection of the environment, through which the conditions and/or parameters for the functioning of activity having a significant possible impact on the environment, and which is obligatory at business startup.
It is important to note that requesting and obtaining the Environmental Authorization is obligatory for existent activities as well for starting new ones.
The issuance of the Environmental Authorization is done in a maximum of 90 working days from the date the complete required documentation is filed.
The following commercial activities in Romania require an Environmental Authorization:
– Retail sale of automotive fuel in specialized stores
– Wholesale of live animals
– Wholesale of solid, liquid and gaseous fuels and related products
– Wholesale of chemical products
– Wholesale of waste and scrap
– Retail sale in non-specialized stores with food, beverages or tobacco predominating (in certain conditions)
In the case which for a certain activity there is the requirement of obtaining Environmental Authorization, the Romanian company’s representatives will file their request with the competent authority (ACPM) together with the following documents:
– the Authorization request;
– presentation and affidavit;
– proof of making the request public through certain methods;
– situational plan of the respective objective;
– proof that all conditions imposed related the environment have been respected.